By Colbi Mouser
Like a lot of kids, I had a big mouth when I was little. I would say exactly what I was thinking whether you liked it or not. One specific time it got me in a little trouble was in the first grade. I was playing during recess with a friend when I decided to ask her at the top of the slide if she went to church. When she answered no, I bluntly told her “well, you’re going to Hell!” (Apparently I was into scare tactics as a child.) Obviously, that did not go over very well with her and after getting tattled on, I learned that going around telling people they are doomed for hell isn’t a good thing!
Over the years, even though I have gotten better at my communication skills (thankfully...) one thing I miss from my childhood is the boldness I had to ask my friends tough questions. The older I get, the more I realize I have become shy and timid when it comes to talking to people about my faith. Even though I should be bold and confident when talking about Jesus, I must admit that it isn’t always the case for me. I selfishly choose my own comfort over their eternity.
Every day that we face is a battle. It’s a battle against a real devil that seeks to destroy and tear down. It’s a battle against our own flesh to speak boldly about Jesus. I love how the armor of God is so specific in each area. As Christians, we should daily be putting on the full armor of God so that we will be fully prepared with everything we need to confidently resist the enemy, leave our comfort zone, and share Christ with those around us. Following Christ isn’t easy and we cannot accomplish anything without fully preparing ourselves the way He intends us to. I want to challenge you… write these verses down. Put it somewhere that you will see it every single day. Sharing our faith should never be an area in our life that we are indifferent. Be bold in the name of Jesus! ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment