Nikki Hixson
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”- Isaiah 43:2
I want to bring your attention to one word in the verse above that appears, not only one time... but three times. This word—WHEN. Reading this verse, you can be assured that it is completely impossible to escape experiencing difficulty and hard times in this life. And this word “when” guarantees that. It does not say, “if” you pass through the waters, or “if” you walk through the fire... but when; because you will. Waters will rise, flames will blaze...rough times are inevitable. The valleys of life are just as common, if not more, than the mountain top experiences. However, it is also important to note what follows each of these “when” experiences—“I will be with you”, “they will not sweep over you”, “you will not be burned”.
Yes, we will experience hard times and yes, we will walk through difficulty; however, just as sure as we are about the difficulty, we can be just as sure about God’s faithfulness through it. He will go before you and He will go behind you. He will be on your left and your right. He will never leave you.
All throughout Scripture, we find promises from the Lord confirming His faithfulness in this area. Here are a few: Read these out loud. Soak them up. Never forget them. Allow them to penetrate your heart.
“ I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”- Genesis 28:15
“So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”– Deuteronomy 31:6
“And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”- Matthew 28:20
There may be times when you feel lonely, but you’re not alone. You will never walk through any difficulty in your life that God didn’t first put His stamp of approval on... and He will be with you. Besides, if we’re being honest, I think I would rather walk through a valley with God by my side, than be on a mountain top without Him. You’re not alone. Not even for a second. Even in the fire, He is there. Look for Him.
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”- Isaiah 43:2
I want to bring your attention to one word in the verse above that appears, not only one time... but three times. This word—WHEN. Reading this verse, you can be assured that it is completely impossible to escape experiencing difficulty and hard times in this life. And this word “when” guarantees that. It does not say, “if” you pass through the waters, or “if” you walk through the fire... but when; because you will. Waters will rise, flames will blaze...rough times are inevitable. The valleys of life are just as common, if not more, than the mountain top experiences. However, it is also important to note what follows each of these “when” experiences—“I will be with you”, “they will not sweep over you”, “you will not be burned”.
Yes, we will experience hard times and yes, we will walk through difficulty; however, just as sure as we are about the difficulty, we can be just as sure about God’s faithfulness through it. He will go before you and He will go behind you. He will be on your left and your right. He will never leave you.
All throughout Scripture, we find promises from the Lord confirming His faithfulness in this area. Here are a few: Read these out loud. Soak them up. Never forget them. Allow them to penetrate your heart.
“ I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”- Genesis 28:15
“So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”– Deuteronomy 31:6
“And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”- Matthew 28:20
There may be times when you feel lonely, but you’re not alone. You will never walk through any difficulty in your life that God didn’t first put His stamp of approval on... and He will be with you. Besides, if we’re being honest, I think I would rather walk through a valley with God by my side, than be on a mountain top without Him. You’re not alone. Not even for a second. Even in the fire, He is there. Look for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment