By Luke Vertz
Have you ever had an opportunity that presented itself to
you to be able to share your faith with someone but you felt unprepared?
I remember having a conversation with a friend from school
about our beliefs. He was a smart kid and I felt off guard with the questions
he was asking and the answers he was giving. I was definitely unprepared and
didn’t know how to respond. I felt awkward that I should have been able to have
a better response than I did. After that incident, I prayed that God would
prepare me to be ready for the next opportunity. I applied myself to learn my
own testimony but didn’t stop there. I then committed to read, to learn and to
pray in order to further grow.
READ JEREMIAH 33:3 and 2
TIMOTHY 2:15
It takes courage to want to mature. And you REALLY have to
want it if you expect to receive it. It takes work, sacrifice, and dedication
to grow. It is by God’s grace yet it is by works that faith is made complete.
God is looking for young men and women like you who are willing to be used for
His special purposes.
Keep in mind that God is not stingy. As a loving Father, He
longs to give you spiritual gifts, but you have to ask, you have to mean it,
and you have to show that you want it through your actions. So let’s grow up
together Verve!
No comments:
Post a Comment